Tuesday, May 13, 2008

5.5 Weeks and Counting

This morning I [Stephanie] realized that we only have five and half weeks until our counselors arrive to begin training. Five and half weeks left to finish a million and a half details. (Ok. So it's not really that many, but sometimes it feels that way!) Despite the lack of time and long to do list, I still find myself awaiting the start of Summer 2008 much like a child waiting for Christmas morning. I simply cannot wait to see our campers this summer! I can't wait to see how our campers from last year have grown and changed, and I can't wait to meet our new campers. On July 6, all the hard work and complete craziness will be forgotten, replaced by pure joy as I watch each camper experience all that God has for them in five jam-packed days at camp.

Please join me in praying for each camper. Pray that they will be ready to hear what God has to say to them during camp and in the weeks following. Pray that they will meet with God in a powerful way. Pray for their health and safety. Pray that God will do more than we can ask or imagine this summer.

Thanks for your prayers. It's amazing what can happen in a camper's life in just five days. I can't wait to share with you stories and pictures of Summer 2008! Check the countdown over to the right--July is closer than you think!

I'll leave you with some of my favorite pictures from last summer:











No comments: